Open Beta 52: Tyrant’s Onslaught Patch Notes
Inferno Blade: Within 2s, hurl burning oil with two quick swings that deal 450 damage and a heavy swing that deals 700 damage.
Counter: Enter a counter stance for 2s. If you take an enemy hit to the front of your character you negate any effects of the hit and counter attack with a melee strike dealing 800 damage.
Billow: Disperse into smoke, become un-targetable and gain +20% movement speed for 2.5s.
Whirl: Lunge forward while swinging your blade in a deadly arc dealing 400 damage to nearby enemies.
Spite (Ultimate): Launch forward and incapacitate an enemy with a series of vicious melee attacks dealing 2000 damage over 1.5s.
Spite Now deals 25% of the targets maximum Life with every hit. Also increases your ultimate charge rate by 15%.
After Countering an attack you remain in your Counter stance.
Heal for 60% of your maximum life over the duration of Billow.
[Billow] Increase the duration of Billow by 0.5s/1/1.5/2s.
[Counter] Successfully Countering an attack will heal you for 100/200/300/400 health.
[Whirl] Reduce the cooldown of Whirl by 0.5/1/1.5/2s for every enemy hit.
[Whirl] Increase the distance of Whirl by 15/30/45/60%.
Fuel for the Fire
[Whirl] Whirl grants 5/10/15/20% Lifesteal for 2s.
[Armor] Kills grant 10/20/30/40% movement speed for 4s.
[Counter] Increase the duration of Counter by 0.25/0.5/0.75/1s.
Up in Smoke
[Billow] Increase the speed of Billow by 10/20/30/40%.
[Armor] Increase your ammo count by 1/2/3/4.
[Billow] Activating Billow generates 1/2/3/4 ammo.
Fan the Flames
[Billow] Kills reduce the cooldown of Billow by 25/50/75/100%.
[Counter] Increase your movement speed by 10/20/30/40% during Counter.
[Armor] Increase you maximum health by 50/100/150/200.
[Whirl] Activating Whirl generates 1/2/3/4 ammo.
[Armor] Gain 5/10/15/20% Reload Speed.
[Counter] Successfully Countering an attack will generate 2/4/6/8 ammo.
NEW GAME MODE: ONSLAUGHT
- We are excited to introduce the Onslaught Game Mode! Play any of your favorite champions or try someone new in this combat focused arena.
- Each kill scores the team 5 points, and controlling the large combat zone in the middle of the arena earns 2 points per second. The first team to 400 points, or the team with the most points after 10 minutes, wins.
- Onslaught will currently replace Survival in the Game Mode Rotation.
Added Legendaries, Loadout cards, & Items to History Page at end of match lobby
- Made improvements to our in-combat sound priority, targeted at enhancing the sound of enemies attacking you from behind.
- Optimized damage source indicator.
- We are aiming to improve awareness and clarity around damage sources. We’ve made improvements to the damage indicators on the edges of your screen and the way the game prioritizes sounds from enemies. We will continue to pursue improvements in this area.
Replaced ‘Flank Kills’ with ‘Killing Blows’
We believe killing blows are clearer to understand and just as good a measure of skill for Flanks.
- Reduced the credit bonus from killing blows for flanks from 200% to 130%.
- By Default, players will have ‘Show Team Health’ selected in options.
- Added Chat commands /ignore and /block players.
- Improved visibility of ‘Press K to View Skills’ message.
- Updated in game message when it’s the final point to win match.
- Improved Payload indicator to show how many players and the direction of movement.
- Added ability to equip an entire Collection after purchase.
- Reduce percent active cooldown cards now work off full cooldown value, rather than cooldown remaining. Fixed bugs with this system that broke cooldown refunds for abilities with charges.
Hi-Rez has developed extensive networking optimizations for our other titles that smooth out gameplay and reduce the chances for lag. We are rolling these into the Paladin’s code base for OB52.
Changes based on some pilot testing
The # of very subtle lag events (server missing a tick or two) went down by 99%.
This would be likely noticeable as a more smooth feel especially in intense fighting.
- # of slight lag events (server missing 3 to 5 ticks) went down by 50%.
- # of big lag events (server missing > 5 ticks) went down by 25%.
GENERAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed card rarity in Loadout displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed Voice Packs showing incorrect message for how to obtain.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented healing allies through friendly shields.
Voice Pack: Zhin
Emote: Dragon’s Breath
MVP: Crouching Tiger
Price reduced from 100 crystals to 80 Crystals.
Test Queue rotation
New Map: Sewers
Design changes and features
Siege Mode Capture points in Overtime will check for ownership and contestation at a faster rate.
MAP BUG FIXES
- Fixed in issue in Brightmarsh where players could see through a pillar.
- Fixed a spot in Frog Isle where players could get stuck.
- Fixed inconsistencies with gaining bonus jump height next to obstacles.
Cards – Combat Repair
Healing value increased from
50/100/150/200 to 100/150/200/250.
For a 4 point investment we want Barik to get more value from this card.
Cards – Cavalier
Increased Health bonus from
125/250/375/500 to 150/300/450/600.
Fernando’s health card was lacking compared to equivalent front lines, this should toughen up the Self Appointed Knight.
Cards – Last Stand
Increased Activation Threshold from
50% to 60%.
Increased healing amount from
75/150/225/300 to 100/200/300/400.
Last stand has the potential to be a very powerful tool, this added boost will put Fernando’s sustain in a better spot.
Now also heals Grohk for 500 health every 0.5s.
Too often the Lightning Orc would begin his tempest and get burned down, Grohk will now be able to rely more on his ult in the heat of combat.
Bonus healing received Increased from
60% to 80%.
Animation Time reduced from
0.7 seconds to 0.4 seconds.
Maeve is a high octane and fluid-combat based champion. The Animation time on Nine lives would often times feel clunky and interrupt your ability rhythm. The ability will now feel more natural and seamless.
Fixed a bug that prevented healing allies through friendly shields.
Shell Shield Activation time reduced from
0.3 seconds to 0.1 seconds.
As a defensive ability, we felt shell shield could be a little more snappy and reactionary.
Can once again hook Androxus during Reversal.
Increased volume (slightly) for Vigilante Sha Lin Voice pack.